Tús is a community work placement programme that offers quality work placement opportunities to people who have been unemployed and on the live register for more than 12 months.
All Tús work placements are based within local community groups and not-for-profit organisations; who in turn, benefit from the skills and experience of Tús participants, allowing them continue to deliver much-needed services in the local area.
Dublin North West Area Partnership delivers the programme on behalf of the Department of Social Protection (DSP). The DSP selects individuals randomly from the live register to participate in the programme, and the Tús Team at Dublin North West Area Partnership finds suitable, quality work placements for the individuals.
The types of project eligible for the scheme may include:
- Energy conservation work in homes and community buildings
- Social care of all age groups and people with disabilities
- Caretaking, and supervising of community buildings and spaces
- Renovation of community and sporting facilities, including the regeneration and enhancement of community, recreation and sporting spaces
- Work in support of cultural and heritage activities
- Community administration and community event management
- Coaching for sporting activities
- Repair of equipment for the Third World – for example, farm tools, bicycles, computers, sewing machines, health equipment.
If you would like more information about the Tús programme, please contact one of our Tús supervisors in Rosehill House, Finglas Village, Dublin 11 or Tel: 01 836 1 666