What are the aims and objectives of Tús?
- This is an activation initiative for those who are unemployed and on the Live Register. It will support the work readiness of those who participate.
- The initiative will provide short-term quality and suitable working opportunities for people who are unemployed while at the same time carrying out beneficial work within communities.
If you are chosen to take part in the Tús programme, you will:
- Have a quality work placement for 12 months
- Work 19.5 hours per week
- Get quality work experience that will help your chances of getting work
- Continue to get your social welfare payment
- Get a minimum payment of €208 per week
- Get 81 hours annual leave over the 12 months
- Contribute your skills and experience to a community organisation
- Get ongoing support from the community organisation that you are working for
- Be signed off the live register and your social welfare payment and become an employee of Dublin North West Area Partnership on work experience
- Have ongoing support from one of our Tús Team Supervisors