Supporting Local Community Groups is a key focus of DNWAP work under the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme.
Existing and Emerging Local Community Groups can avail of one-to-one mentoring and support as well as a variety of free training & information sessions to build their capacity to work effectively
Supports available include but are not limited to;
- Funding and Sustainability
- Governance & Legislative Compliance
- Human Resources & Staffing
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Advocacy & Communications
- Risk Management, Health and Safety
- Strategy Development
- Community Consultation
- Group Facilitation
- Action Planning
- Support in developing and implementing strategic plans
In addition DNWAP supports groups to participate in key local, national, regional and local decision making bodies to advocate on behalf of the areas and groups they represent.
If you are an existing community group seeking support or interested in setting up a non-profit group in the Dublin North West Area contact our Local Development Management Mary Corridan on 01 549 0054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org