Where Your Career is Our Job
Dublin North West Area Partnership provides a Local Employment and Guidance service from both its Finglas and Cabra offices through which a range of supports are available to those seeking employment. This service is delivered under contract for the Department of Social Protection.
Our highly qualified guidance team have the range of skills and experience necessary to help you back on the path to employment and in developing your career. Our supports include:
- Assessment of current education, training and skills experience
- Professional one to one support to help you in developing your career
- Free access to Job Seeking supports including phone, internet, printing and photocopying
- Free public access computers through which you can search Job Vacancy listings
Job Seeking Supports
- Help in developing a professional CV
- Assistance with job application letters
- Assistance with job application forms and aptitude tests
- Help in developing your Job Seeking Skills
- Interview coaching
- Information on/referral to training courses available (Back to Education; Apprenticeships)
- Access to financial supports for accredited training
Labour Market Activitation Schemes
- Work Experience Supports – Job seeking Strategies
- Information on / Referral to Community Employment Schemes
- Information on the Tús Work Placement Programme
- Information on supports available to jobseekers regarding “Starting your own business”, through the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance
- Assistance with completing Business Plans and referral to the Department of Social Protection
To avail of our Local Employment and Guidance service simply phone 01 8361666 (Finglas) or 01 8683806 (Cabra) and make an appointment to register today.
The service provides a confidential setting where you can discuss and develop a career path with one of our guidance workers. The guidance worker, through a series of one to one meetings, will discuss your options. They will identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you decide what your goals are and will support you in fulfilling them.
Meeting with one of Dublin North West Area Partnership’s guidance team can lead to a number of outcomes including:
Access to Dublin North West Area Partnership’s Jobs Club
Whether you require an add on course to make your skills more marketable or wish to embark on a whole new career DNWAP Local Employment Services can help you identify and secure the course most suitable to your needs
Dnwap can help adults returning to education access a wide range of courses from Basic Adult Education (help with reading and writing) right through to Third Level degree courses. We can also provide information and support in relation to finance for education. We also run some special programmes through the Partnership in conjunction with other agencies.
The Local Employment Service can refer individuals that have difficulty with reading, writing and maths into local literacy services. These services are offered in a private and confidential way on either a one-to-one or group basis subject to the individual’s needs.
Through the Local Employment Services Dublin North West Area Partnership provides access to Basic Computer training to help clients develop the necessary skills to help in job seeking. This includes how to set up an e-mail address, how to search the internet, how to prepare and save a word document and how to attach a document to an e-mail.
Dublin North West Area Partnership provides support to individuals that are exploring Community Employment as a means of re-entering the work force. The workshop provides access to the latest Community Employment positions that are available and support in applying for positions.