What do we do?
The Central Local Childcare Resource Service offers support, advice, training and information to all childcare stakeholders in the Dublin Central Area including private and community childcare services, childminders, parents, community/voluntary groups, those job-seeking or training in childcare and those interested in setting up a childcare business.
Local Childcare Resource Services
There are five Local Childcare Resource Service Centres (LCRS) within Dublin City each one servicing a Dublin City Council administrative area:
- Central Area – The Central Local Childcare Resource Service operates from the Dublin North West Area Partnership office in Cabra at 27/28 Annamoe Terrace.
- North Central Area
- North West Area
- South Central Area
- South East Area
Dublin Central Objectives and Key Priorities
- Objective 1 – To develop comprehensive childcare supports, infrastructure and services where the holistic well-being of children and families are fundamental
- Objective 2 – To enhance quality early childhood education and care and school-age provision
- Objective 3 – To consolidate investment in the sector in order to support the continuing development of a stable, integrated and sustainable infrastructure
- Objective 4 – Through ongoing professional development, to build on the capacity of the ECCE sector to enhance and develop quality services for children and their families
- Objective 5 – To ensure effective and transparent collaboration, communication and consultation, and optimum use of resources by all stakeholders in early childhood care and education
Key Priorities for 2014 on-going/core work
- Supporting the delivery of the three national programmes (ECCE, CCS, and CETS.)
- Supporting sustainability throughout the sector
- Supporting childcare providers Quality
- Siolta – the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education
- Aistear – the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework
- Deliver a quality support programme aimed at developing quality of childcare provision available in the central area. Child Protection
- Rollout of Children First Training Literacy and Numeracy
- Supporting the implementation of the National Strategy to improve literacy and numeracy
- Workshops/targeted initiatives to support literacy and numeracy.
Central Local Childcare Resource Service – Contact Details: Triona O’Sullivan
Dublin North West Area Partnership 27/28 Annamoe Terrace Dublin 7 Ph: 01 868 3806 – Direct Line 01 838 844